Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day one on this blog


This blog is about the stock markets and it will focus on the Exchange Traded Fund (ETF). My strategy is to track the S&P 500 index trends as the main indicator and position each ETF that I am following  depends on its trend, relative strength, and momentum. The holding period of a particular ETF can be days, weeks or months as long as the trading pattern holds.    
 
I created the virtual portfolio yesterday called "Ocean Portfolio" in KaChing.com and initiated a buy "Long" order on 8 ETFs at the market open on Nov 9 using about 50% of the available "virtual" balance given by KaChing.
 
The S&P 500 has been trending up since late March this year and I believe it will continue to move up in the near term. So I hope these long positions can be hold for a little while.


Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment