Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ocean Signal Calls


Two years ago I wrote an article in this blog talking about the beating the performance of Decision Moose using weekly simple moving averages. Of course my result from back testing couldn’t beat his published results. For those of you don’t know who is the person behinds Decision Moose, you can visit William Dirlam’s web site at http://www.decisionmoose.com

Just for fun, I decided to make my signal calls using available technical indicators to track these calls going forward. I will concentrate on ETF funds only and the funds will include SPY, IWM, EFA, DIA, QQQ, EEM, TLT, IEF, AGG etc. Similar to Decision Moose, I will choose one fund at a time and switch to other fund when signal changes.  The signal calls will be more frequent compared to Decision Moose because I will be using charts with shorter time frames. I will make the first signal call in the next few days and will see how the result will be at the end of next year.

1 comment: