Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stay in cash since last post

The major markets have not been doing well entering the 2nd half of July and continued performing poorly except commodities. The simulated Ocean ETF portfolio is still in cash.

I am retiring as systems engineer this Thursday (September 15) after 30 years of working in this field. I am looking forward to do something else and at the same enjoy my retirement. From this point on, I will spend my time in managing my own portfolio by following the stock markets and spend more time with my family.

In managing my own portfolio, I will divide it in the following areas.

1. Dividend income generated from stocks and ETFs from my IRA account.
2. Position, Swing and/or Intra-day trades from my regular account.
3. Options play for added income purpose.

I think it will keep me busy.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement, Ocean! Best of luck.

    Tom
    TSP Talk

    ReplyDelete